Sunday, August 24, 2008

Lesson learned

As I spent the weekend down in Salt Lake with Kenadie a feeling hit me strong and hard that I had a lesson that needed to be learned. When Kenadie was transferred to Primary Children's-I think Heavenly Father wanted to open my eyes and see how truly blessed I am, I have seen so many babies down there with things that I would never want to go through and I count my blessings every day how blessed we are as a family and what a little miracle Kenadie is. She is so perfect in so many ways and is truly an angel sent from heaven to bless us. I knew I was blessed but I never took into consideration of how blessed........My heart is very full with gratitude at this time.
Kenadie is up to 3 pounds and is enjoying her feedings very much, today I held her while they fed her, she gets 16 cc's every 3 hours. As they fed her through the NG tube they had me put the Binky in her mouth she started sucking instantly. The nurse said she is at the age she should be able to start drinking from a bottle, 32 wks is when they can handle the suck, breath swallow. Today I even changed my first diaper, the nurse wouldn't take "no I will watch" as an answer, it actually was easier than I thought it would be through the isolate holes.
The Doctor yesterday said that they were planning on transferring her and I said when in a couple of weeks when Logan can take her and she said no it will be sooner than that. I guess she plans on sending her back to Mckay Dee. That was good news, made my day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hollie,
I am so glad to hear the news she is at the 3 lb mark and she gets to be closer at McKay. Saturday my family drove to Layton. I thought about the drive you make to see Kenadie.

Did they ever tell you what was causing the problems with her feedings?

Less than 2 weeks before she comes to LOGAN---Hurray!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you guys! She just needed a little time. When she is bigger and you just can't get her to get ready for school fast enough--think back on this. She just likes to take her own sweet time! We are crossing our fingers that you are closer to home soon.

Love,

The Hawleys

Anonymous said...

Hey little Kenadie, what a little sweetheart and a fighter.... you will never know how many prayers are sent to the Lord for you every day. You are a blessed little princess sent from above. We love you a whole bunch. The same to mom and dad!