Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thursday- August 7, 2008

Yesterday they did another spinal tap on Kenadie to see if there was infection in the spinal column, the one neonatologist said it looked suspicious, but the one I talked to today said they didn't mention it on rounds this morning, she didn't think it was. She said the infection is actually in the trachea not the lungs. When I went down today, the respiratory therapist smiled as I walked in and walked over to Kenadie's bed and said, "should we show mom what you did". I was like, what now?. She lifted the blanket from the incubator and she was on oxygen, the vent had been removed. I was shocked, she was having a little bit of a hard time with remembering to breath, but she had been off only 45 minutes. They were loading her up with caffeine. I called down around 4:30 and the nurse said she had just gave Kenadie a bath and she was doing great with her breathing. Way to go little girl! They have turned off the iv's except for the antibiotics, so the only food she is getting is my milk. Hopefully she is over that hill on the roller coaster ride we are enduring. I believe it is because of all the prayers and faith. Thanks again!

No comments: