Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wednesday- August 13, 2008

Kenadie has been doing great, they started her feedings again on Monday evening and she is now up to full feeds and they will quit the iv fluids again. She weights in at 2 pounds 9 ounces. The medications-antibiotics, caffeine etc. is all given orally now instead of the iv, which is nice, I am tired of seeing the little iv in the top of her head, it looks so sore. Today after I got done holding her I asked the nurse if my mom could hold her, she was ok with it so my mom held her and sang I am a child of God and you are my sunshine, it was so cute, Kenadie just laid there with her eyes open and looked at her, and her o2 sats were high, she loved it! It brought a few tears to my eyes, Thanks mom for being such a wonderful example of who and what I need to be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was such a joy to be able to hold our little darling today! I can't thank you enough Hollie and David for this little blessing to our lives. You are awsome parents and we just love you so much. Hollie, as your mother I am so proud of you and how you are handling this challenge. You have been so awsome and brave. Hugs and kissses to all three of you!