Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Wednesday- August 6, 2008

The results are in and the MRSA came back negative, but she does have a staph aureus infection in her lungs and they are treating her with an antibiotic,  her blood work shows that the infection level is dropping so it is working. They did turn the vent down from 6 to 5.5. Kenadie is up to 2 pounds and 5 ounces. My heart has never ached so much but been so full of gratitude at the same time. Last night I saw what I never wanted to see.....Kenadies heart rate and o2 sats dropped so low that they had to rip out the vent and start bagging her, I am so thankful to the medical staff for all they did to save my little girl. Dave and my dad were able to give her a name and a wonderful blessing last night. It was amazing! I am thankful for all my wonderful family and friends for the many prayers and thoughts that have been sent our way. I love you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Hollie: I have had you and Kenadie on my mind since Tammy told me the news of last night. My heart goes out to you. I know Kenadie is a special spirit and was sent to you for a purpose. Looking at the pictures today and hearing the music brought tears to my eyes and a very special feeling. Our family including Ian and Shannon have you in our prayers.
All our love--Chris, Kim, Izzy, Ian, and Shannon