Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I started back to work full time this week and boy has it been a killer! I go see Kenadie at 6:45 every morning and then to work at 7:30 and then at lunch I run over for a few minutes and then at 6:00 when I get off I go over until 8:30ish and then head home. It is nice having her so close. This morning I went and got to feed her again and she drank the whole bottle 42 ml of milk with out any problem, she did awesome! Dr Brown has said that we can now feed her 3 bottles a day because she is doing so great with the suck, swallow, breath.
Kenadie also had her eyes checked again today, the eye doctor said "we are not out of the woods yet, but you can see the sunshine" He wants to check them again in 2-3 weeks just to make sure that there isn't any problems. The nurse said she did great the only time she cried is when she put the drops in her eyes to dilate them. She didn't even peep when he clamped her eyes open to look.
Kenadie is up to 4 pounds 10.8 ounces.

1 comment:

Melanie Draper said...

I'm so glad to hear that she's doing better. And I'm glad to hear that you can spend more time with her now that she's at LRH. I absolutely hated leaving Collin when he was in the NICU in Topeka. Just think you're one day closer to Kenadie coming home. We'll be praying for you guys.